Farm - Services & Facilities
We provide all aspects of Livestock Veterinary work, including:
- 24 hour emergency services
- Dedicated solely Farm Veterinary Surgeons
- Herd Health Planning / Flock Health Planning
- Fertility visits and consultancy
- Cattle artificial insemination and embryo transfer
- Ultrasound scanning for cattle
- Mastitis consultancy
- External and in-house laboratory investigation facilities
- Nutritional advice
- Metabolic profiles; mineral and trace element testing
- Working protocols and sampling
- Disbudding / dehorning
- Local Veterinary Inspectors for DEFRA - TB testing; Brucellosis testing
- Abortion sampling, multiple pick up licences etc.
We have our own Laboratory and laboratory technicians. This enables us to test a number of samples ourselves and means that we can often get results more rapidly and at less expense to you. For example our own lab will do haematology, bacteriology and sensitivity, worm egg counts and checking faeces for the Johne's bacterium.
In addition, we use a number of external laboratories for serology, histopathology and more extensive biochemical and toxicological testing.